1. Terminal Emulation
- The current range of emulators are:
- IBM 3270/8/9/E with full TN3270E support
- *IBM 5250,
- DEC VT100/220/330, ANSI, SCO ANSI, Linux console
- Data General D211,
- HP 700/92,
- *Sperry UTS60,
- *Burroughs T27 (TD830 / ET1100)
- Easy key mapping with over 750 function keys.
- Versions of 3270 written in Java for use in any Java enabled Operating System or Browser.
- Screen and host printing to multiple remote printers.
- Windows programs with COM/Automation interface.
- Full script language including special functions like:
- Execute external Windows programs.
- Addressable cursor.
- IP and MAC address reporting.
- Screen and data stream reading.
- Colour and 132-column operation.
- Multiple sessions can be established .
- Mouse support with copy and paste and custom automation.
- SSL or SSH secure connections.
- Report IP and MAC addresses.
- Server can activate scripts and remote commands.
3. FTP and File Transfers
- FTP client support batch file processing.
- FTP client provides both menu-driven and command line user interfaces.
- FTP client with COM automation interface.
- Firewall friendly FTP client and server (passive mode).
- Unix format file list in the FTP servers to cater for lame FTP clients that did not implement the standard NLST command.
- FTP server with:
- User access and level control.
- Built-in personal firewall and active break-in protection.
- Remote command execution.
- File transfers can be done via all printing options by using the INET “Print to file” option.
- IND$FILE and Natural file transfers are supported by the 3270 emulator.
- Most line-based terminals (like the VT family) offer Log and Read options.
4. Print Services
- Socket (or IP) printing server and client for network printing from any host to any printer including PC printers.
- Both LPD and LPR print server and clients are implemented allowing bi-directional services to and from UNIX hosts.
- Print via telnet using “slave”/”back”/”pass-through”-printing.
- LPR client programs to use any LPD print server.
- 3287 printer client for TN3270E (“session bound”, RFC 2355 and SCS) and Natural file printing.
- Multiple print options for formatted and unformatted data.
- Plain text or fancy formatted printing from legacy applications.
- Automated post print processing via COM/Automation or third party programs. (E.g. print to e-mail.)
- Formatted printing includes: printer escape sequences, 80/132 column selections, RTF, INET propriety printer independent escape sequences.
- Templates supported for RTF (Natural via mail merge) and direct (raw) jobs.
- Print destinations include: to file, direct to port (raw), to printer driver via GDI, to third party software.
- Various remote printing options to multiple destinations.
5. Windows Operation
- Multiple, unlimited, simultaneous sessions. All applications running as separate Windows programs.
- Component Object Model (COM) capabilities (OLE, Automation, VB and ActiveX Scripting, etc.) allows custom GUI developments and interfacing with third party software.
- SSL (TLS) and SSH security.
- Drag-and-drop network printing.
- FTP batch processing.
6. Diagnostic Tools
- Protocol tracing.
- Extensive status information.
- Extensive statistical information.
- INET site-licenses make provision for running the SAME copy of the software on multiple PC’s and even loading the software from a central server.
- Upgrading INET to a later revision does not involve a license change for the first year.
- Software assurance (maintenance) contracts give access to all INET upgrades.
- Site licenses can be upgraded incrementally to a larger number of users.
- InetLicenseService allows multiple users on Windows Terminal Server.
8. Local Support
- As INET is locally developed in South Africa, problems can be addressed immediately without time zone, language and other international trade impediments.
- Support is also given from our web site: http://www.gpvno.co.za.
- INET has been developed to make optimal use of the technology infrastructure and unique business demands of South Africa.
- Specific requirements for the local market have been and can in future be incorporated.
- Over 55 000 copies of INET has been sold locally guaranteeing a strong commitment to the SA market.
- INET is being enhanced and expanded according to feedback from users.
9. Features Added to INET in Accordance with Client Requirements
- User suggestions for new features are encouraged and welcomed.
- Various improvements in user interface and functionality, e.g:
- More pre-defined keyboard layouts
- More map-able keys
- Custom buttons on toolbar or button bar
- Screen shot capture in a number of formats
- Better menu layouts
- Formatted printing from legacy host applications
- More configurable options for shortcuts (icons).
- More automated install and set-up procedures.
- Much expanded print options in all the Windows products.
- New keyboard definition dialog with more user-friendly features and more programmable keys.
- Character translation tables for EBCDIC on the 3270 emulators.
- Support of South African language characters e.g. Venda, Sotho and Afrikaans.
- SSL (TLS) and SSH security.
- COM automation, OLE, ActiveX scripting.
- IBM 5250 emulator added.
- FTP server options to execute commands.
- Direct serial support for the line mode 32 bit terminal emulators.
- Linux console configuration.
- IND$FILE file transfer for the 3270 emulators.
- Biometric interfaces to fingerprint scanners.
- LPD has options to add form feeds to jobs or to translate single LF to CR/LF for badly configured applications and printers.
- LPD queue names can be case sensitive or in-sensitive or auto created.
- LPD printing running as a service.
- Enhanced printing:
- Various custom print options
- User definable spool directories for printing
- Rich Text via RTF commands
- Rich Text via standard escape sequences to any Windows printer
- Merge printing
- Templates in text and RTF
- More automation for scripted control of print jobs
- More custom options and configurations
- Support mainframe bold and underline via over printing on Windows
- File printing with many options
- Screen prints with multiple screens to one page
- Screen print templates
Viagra online without prescription